FPA MEDIA AWARDS 2023
ENTRIES OPEN: Monday 3rd JULY 2023
ENTRIES CLOSE: Wednesday 6th SEPTEMBER 2023
Entries must have been written/produced/published/broadcast for a news organisation with a UK presence between 7th Sept 2022 and 6th September 2023.
- Entry is FREE but only one article, radio or television broadcast per Journalist may be submitted in each category.
- Each piece of work may be submitted only once.
- A journalist may enter more than one category.
The FPA Committee warmly welcomes members to enter in all categories. In addition, there is one category reserved exclusively for FPA Members. If the number of entries warrant it, the judges reserve the right to split this FPA category into two groups – one for those in English and one for those requiring translation.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- All entries should be accompanied by a brief description (200 words approx.) by the author or proposer explaining why the piece deserves to win. For example, an explanation of the difficulties in obtaining the information, the levels of risk involved in the reporting, etc. This document should be uploaded as a PDF onto the entry form at the time of submission in the area marked Nomination Letter.
- Great care should be taken to enter the story into the correct category on the entry form. Failure to do this may result in disqualification. Please be aware that the subject categories (Environment, Arts & Culture etc.) will be closely adhered to by the judging panels, so please do not enter stories with only a tenuous link to the category as the judges may choose to disqualify it.
- The FPA Member category is for stories written or produced by a FULL MEMBER (not just a Press Card Holder) of the FPA based in London.
- All foreign language entries should be accompanied by an English translation. In cases where this is difficult, please contact the organiser on email@example.com where assistance may be available.
- Entries for the TV News category should be no longer than 8 minutes total duration. If an item is longer, it should be entered in Documentary Story of the Year. Entries for the Documentary category should not exceed 1 hour in total.
- TV Compilations will not be accepted.
- Where articles or broadcasts form part of a narrowly defined series, a maximum of two parts of the series may be submitted.
- Each year the Journalist of the Year is awarded by the FPA Judges in recognition of outstanding work. There are no separate entries for this category.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into.
- Entrants will be notified at the beginning of November if they have reached the finals. Each finalist and the guest of their choice will receive a free invitation to attend the Awards Dinner on 20th November at the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel in Piccadilly.
All newspaper/magazine entries should include a PDF copy of the published page as well as the related, published URL link.
TV and Radio entries should provide a URL or YouTube link on their completed online entry form. Files less than 128MB can be uploaded directly to the site.
TV & Radio entries should also upload any publicity photo/promotional matter for their programme/story in the form of either a jpg or a PDF.
Additionally all entrants must also upload a photograph of themselves in the space on the form marked photograph. In the case of a team entry, photographs of all members of the team who wish to be credited must be added at this stage.
Special care should be taken with the spelling of entrants’ names and that all people needing to be credited are on the forms, as if successful, it is these spellings and names that are used for engraving the Awards